Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Class Right Before Christmas Break

Working on and fiddling with creating an inverse Rainbow of Desire was kind of an interesting process to be part of. It's something that, with a bit of work, could probably yield really positive and helpful results, but I think it would have to happen as part of a two-part super detox. Not only the purgation of the bad that came from the situation, not only a reclaiming of the power from the situation, but also a forgiveness or compassion towards the antagonist.

Reflecting on it, I would have liked to have done it a little differently. First, create the version of the man who told Sarah she was not allowed in the program--just as Sarah describes, to her exact specifications. Then, ask Sarah to create an image of him that expresses and dynamizes the version of himself who interacts with his wife. Then, the version that interacts with, perhaps, students. Then, the version that exists with other men. And finally, the version that interacts with children. Sarah could then create a constellation of how his selves were arranged at the time of the meeting, and then one of how she wishes they were arranged. I'd like to see each of these versions deliver the news to Sarah, and I'd like to see her explain to each of them how they hurt her, to (if she feels capable and powerful enough) appeal to them all at once as a jury. I'd like to see her make her case, cry if she needs to, say everything she never got to say, and be encouraged to say the rude and angry things so that they can finally be purged from her system. Once she's said everything she needs to, each version of the antagonist should apologize to her and quietly persist in this until she feels comfortable and safe enough to forgive them. 

I think I'd like to see that someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment